Saturday, May 16, 2015

Severing a Dendrite - Now Available

I am very proud to announce that my first (and potentially only) novel is now available exclusively on the Amazon Kindle Store. I will be posting the first five chapters in pdf, mobi, and epub formats on my blog soon, but you can read the first chapter here if you want to preview the book before buying. Only $2.99 in the US and Canada! We Canadians have enough frustration with mismatched book prices that I manually set it the same as the US :)


Available at 
and all the global amazon sites




This has been a tremendously fun undertaking. My timeline has perhaps been unorthodox. One month writing (NaNoWriMo), one month editing (five years later) and then about six months on the cover. To be fair, the cover was bits of time among a move and a new baby and all that. But it is finally complete!

It might be interesting to take brief look at the progress of this book on my blog:

So the cover ended up being the real bottleneck and it took a long time to get a satisfactory result close to what I had in mind. I'll make a blog post about the creation of the cover, since I am pleased with how it turned out in the end. So, back to back publication posts! I'm not sure which one I'm more pleased about. I promise I'll return to making posts about actual images and animations and that sort of thing soon.


Yesterday, I had a computer failure, which underscored the importance of backing up data and how ephemeral computer hardware is. In turns out I have a decent backup system, allowing Publishing Day to move forward as planned (okay, not the original Nov 30 publishing day, but the deadline I set for myself last week). And the drive didn't physically and irreparably fail (yet), but I'm going to use it as an impetus for you to drop a few dollars on my book. Maybe if it gets shared around and enough people buy it, I can scrape sufficient royalties together to buy a new SSD for my computer. Who knows? Thanks in advance.

Happy reading,
Stuart

No comments:

Post a Comment